Monday, January 26, 2009

What's Your Therapy?

Mine is piddling with (piddling-is this a real word?) and organizing things around my house on a lazy Saturday or Sunday.

After Mom and I went shopping to find some pillows to "bighten up" my "beige" den, as my sister put it, I was a woman on a mission. Den down, the rest of the house to go... (Soon I will post some pics for all to see...)

I happen to have A LOT of storage space in my little duplex but for some reason still had STUFF EVERYWHERE. Crap in one draw and more crap in another. Tell me, how does one person accumulate so much crap?

I get a little bit of this from my mother who finds things such as paint, paper, string and whatnot and, by not having somewhere to put it, it ends up in draws and on shelves lookin' like a bunch of crap. To artists like us, this "crap" means something. A new project to take on or the remenets of a project never competed.

Well this weekend I took hold of my "crap" and cleaned it up. Most of it went in the garbage, because lets face it--most of it was crap. I re-arranged, laundered, dusted, labeled, organized and vacuumed. All while Stevie Wonder sang to me about love, life and a Reggae Woman.

It was so nice to wake up to a clean, organized house. I tell you what, putting on make-up in the morning is so fun now that I don't have to dig through the drawer to find my eyeliner.

What is your therapy?

No comments: