Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sammies

Who doesn't love a good sammie now an then? (yes-I am channeling Rachel Ray-even though she drives me crazy)

Since I have been watching my figure in hope to beat out Heidi Klum in the running for the title of "The Body" I have not been able to enjoy my favorite sammies...(ok I will stop now). I have been know to eat a few strange sandwiches now and then. When I was little, I had may different choices to choose from...


Ham, Cheese and Applesauce sandwich (sometimes sans bread)

Ham, Cheese and Ketchup tucked neatly between 2 pieces of white bread

White bread and Sharp Cheddar Cheese, except I took this concept a little further and would "squish" the bread down and make the sandwich as thin as possible. It was delicious.

Bama Apple Jelly on "Mama Bread" (Pepperidge Farm Thin White Bread)


As I grew older, my taste buds grew and I got a little more adventurous. I was meeting new friends and becoming more creative with my sandwiches. Typical lunches would include...


Turkey, Cheese and Mustard sandwiches with Nacho Cheese Doritos smashed inside. This added a little extra crunch, and yes, I was the 'weirdo" at the lunch table in High School.

Double Cheeseburgers with French Fries in between both pieces of meat


After all of this experimenting I think I have found the JACKPOT of ALL SANDWICHES. Some think it is gross but those who have tasted it is all of it glory have begged for more. So, without further adue, I give to you...
..................................

"The World's Most Awesome Sandwich Ever Made By Me"

Turkey, Cheese and Mustard on Whole Wheat "Mama" bread (referenced above), grilled in a pan of butter (Grilled Cheese Style)-topped with a Fried Egg (over easy), and smothered with Green Taco Sauce.

**I was not under the influence of ANYTHING at the time of the latter sandwiches creation-I'm just that good.






1 comment:

Allison and Brian said...

the return of 'navy and gray' has brightened my day! zippie!