Friday, January 23, 2009

New Year Resolutions....

"Success means having the courage, the determination and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be"
-George Sheehan
I didn't make a New Years Resolution this year. I couldn't think of just ONE thing. I think that when you make just one resolution such as "I am going to lose 15 lbs" or "I am going to quite (insert vice here)" you are setting yourself up for failure. Why should we only make a resolution on New Years Day? Shouldn't we make resolutions to ourselves everyday? That being said, I have compiled a set of goals I would like to reach before 2010 rolls around:
  1. Get healthy (this includes learning how to eat better and exercises more).
  2. Learn how to build a website.
  3. Open an Etsy shop.
  4. Save at least $2,000 for a trip to Scotland.
  5. Take better care of my friendships.
  6. Learn how to pick my battles with people.
  7. Finish the ENTIRE Outlander Book Series by Diana Gabaldon before the 7th book comes out in the fall (one down 5 more to go, and yes...this is my 3rd time to read them...)
  8. Learn how to screen print.
  9. Learn how to tile my back splash in my kitchen.
  10. To realize EVERYDAY how blessed I am to have both arms, both legs, a loving family, fantastic friends, a great job and a wonderful boyfriend. ( No matter how much I bitch about all of these things)
So, what are your GOALS for 2009?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scotland, huh? You and who else? Dad