Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Year, New Me, New Blog...

So I haven't blogged since July of 2008...and I have missed it.

I don't know why I stopped blogging-maybe the newness wore off? Maybe I just forgot to post for so long that it seemed kinda silly to start back? Maybe I didn't know what to post about? Maybe I was intimidated by all the other bloggers that seem to have a purpose about their blogs? Maybe I was afraid of letting my inner thoughts out?

I know I probably let some of you down (Mom, Dad...Carli) by not updating this thing or simply by not finishing what I started, but, like the title of this post suggests...New Year, New Me, New Blog.

Hmmm, where to begin-

The last half of 2008 was great! I joined a bunko group (haven't won yet but have impressed my new friends with some sweet skills). I gained about 7 lbs--this is not so great in the since that my clothes didn't fit--BUT it has motivated me to get healthy and fit. I spent a lot of time with family and friends. Traveled to Nashville to pursue my singing career (by this I mean a late night karaoke performance of Reba McIntire's "Fancy" with 7 of the best back-up singers a gal could ask for!). FYI-We got a standing ovation. You know, lots of other fun stuff that I will not bore you with now.

2009 is a brand new year. I can not promise a post everyday-but I will try. You might notice a few changes in my posting personality. I plan on making Navy & Gray (how do we feel about this name? I'm thinking of changing it...) a bit of a "journal" blog. Not really focused on anything but what is going on in my head, and for those of you who know me--THAT. IS. ALOT. I once diagnosed myself with A.D.D and when I explained this revelation to my mother, she simply smiled and said, "We have always known that about you". I replied in the most grown up way possible: "Well, you have it to so you can't say ANYTHING". How adult of me, I know...

Anywhoo- there you go and there you have it-and in the words of one of my pledge sister... "Here's to Lookin' fine, feelin' fine, and gettin' mine in 2009"

P.S. I have lost 2.6 lbs. My dream of looking like Heidi Klum in my bikini is slowly becoming a reality. Eat your heart out Gisiele...

No comments: