Friday, January 11, 2008

Feel Good Songs


Some days all you need is a great feel good song. I am having one of those days. One of those days I wish my lunch break lasted all day and I was surrounded by friends who have since left town and are hard at work at their "Real Jobs". It is absolutely GORGEOUS outside and all I want to do is drive around with all the windows down sining my heart out to a feel good song. For those of you who don't know what exactly a feel good song is, let me explain...

One of those songs that make you laugh out loud while you are singing it. One that even though you haven't herd it in 3 years, you still know every single word. One that ALWAYS put you in a good mood. Oh, and one that you sound good singing to (even if you are tone deaf). That my friends, is a feel good song.

My current feel good song happens to be "Love Song" by Sarah Bareilles. It is amazing. It is nestled right in-between Earth, Wind and Fire's "September" and The Doobie Brother's "What a Fool Believes" (originally done by Aretha Franklin and one of my mother's favorites) in my Feel Good Song playlist on my iPod.

Do you have a feel good song?

2 comments:

Reese said...

Shit....I just posted a long comment and it was deleted. NOw I don't remember what I said and it was really funny.

I wish we were all together. I can picture it now. It's a strangely warm Saturday in T-Town we're all on our way to go eat...I feel like that is all we do together...EAT. Anyway, Judie and I are bickering...it's funny only to us, and we're all in Anna's white jeep. We are listening to one of Stacias Cd's that we stole...or at least I stole and jamming out to Journey or Christina.

Once we reach our destination for lunch...Pita Pit. We jump out of the car to find me wearing something awful and everyone walks 5' in front of me. We sit down...after you take 20 minutes to order and count down our top 5 douche bags of the weekend!!!

Katie Howard said...

Thanks Reese! I am picturing you in the outfit, singing Cher's "If I could turn back time..." It makes me smile!