Monday, March 2, 2009

Yes, please.

It is hard to imagine that this happened Sunday and we are supposed to hit mid 70's by Thursday or Friday! Welcome to South ladies and gents-home of the wackiest weather around.

All I can think about it this....

Picture Credit: Alicia

I will be here (or Destin, FL) rather at the end of March for a dear friends wedding to an amazing man. I can't wait for the sun, sand, and celebration!

Funny thing-Spring Break is coming up for the University students and I am a wee bit jealous-as I get no Spring Break now that I am a "grown up". In college-and high school even-I would go out and buy Suave Coconut Shampoo every March 1st to prepare me for Spring Break, saying as how we always ended up somewhere near the ocean. That smell will always remind me of my best girlfriends, rum-runners and No-AD Dark Suntan Oil (spf 4-because a "sunburn turns to tan anyways...").

I am tired of the cold, of dry skin, of runny noses and dead plants everywhere. I am much more happy in the sun, under blue skies, surrounded by green trees, and evenings that don't see darkness until 9:00 pm.

I was born in the dead of summer after all...

2 comments:

Lola and Riley said...

The Suave coconut shampoo reminds me of you and spring break- every.single.time.

Love that! Maybe we should plan a trip to mrs. moore's place as well...

Allison and Brian said...

I *heart* this post...and can't wait for our road trip!!