Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Office Space



BEFORE

This is a corner piece that I inherited from my grandfather's sister. It is not very pretty to look at now but I am sure it was all the rage back in the day. Besides the ugly wood finish, it is actually a really great piece. I have had it in my spare/craft/office room for about a month and last weekend I decided that it needed a new coat of  high gloss black paint. After a trip to Home Depot and 4 hours later, it turned out better than I could have thought! 


AFTER

Yes, I know the curtains do not match. They are retired from the bedroom. I really liked them and didn't want to throw them away. I will eventually find a place for them. Maybe some pillows...? Oh, the desk is made out of 2 black filing cabinets and door, laid on top. THE BEST DESK EVER! I. swear.

No comments: